Sunday, June 1, 2014

Devilish Donna

It’s time for a new challenge over at ABC Challenges.

Our challenge for you today is ‘M is for Monochromatic’.

We want to see creations for this challenge using only one main colour.

You may use different tones of the same colour and normal skin and hair colours are fine too. You may also use neutrals for layering but that’s it. 

Our sponsors for this challenge are Kenny K and Marker Pop.

We received some wonderful Kenny K images to use for this challenge I chose Devilish Donna.

P1050046

I tried something new for me with my image on this card.

I knew that I wanted to fussy cut the image out so I imported my image into my Silhouette program and traced it. I then edited points where necessary so they were on the border and then printed out my image onto X-Press It Blending card. I coloured the image with my Copic Markers and then had the Cameo cut it out for me. A bit of work but it was fun playing around with a different function for me and it is a much closer and quicker cut than I would have done.

The Copic colours I’ve used are: Skin – E11, E00, E000, E0000, R20; Hair – C10, C8, C6, C4, C2, C0; The remainder of the image uses BG78, BG75, BG72, BG70.

Here’s a closer look at the image.

P1050047

One more photo….

P1050048

Matching papers and embellishments was pretty hard in these colours but I think I managed. The paper is a Digital paper that I purchased from cheyOkata Digital scraps. My lace, rhinestones and 2 of my flowers have been coloured with my Copic Markers to coordinate.  My sentiment was stamped using Island Indigo inkpad from Stampin’ Up!

Supplies:
Stamps: Devilish Donna (Kenny K), Really Retro (retired Stampin’ Up!)
Card: Naturals White (Stampin’ Up), X-Press It Blending Card , DSP – New Beginnings Scrap Kit (cheyOkata Digital scraps)
Ink: Island Indigo (Stampin’ Up!)
Accessories: Curly Label Punch, Basic Jewels – Rhinestones, Stampin’ Dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!), Copic Markers, Lace (Live & Love Crafts), Flowers (Wild Orchid Crafts, Live & Love Crafts).

If you haven’t already stopped by ABC Challenges and checked out what the rest of the DT have created then please do so now and then get creating and join us for the challenge.

I’m entering my card into the following challenges:

Crafty Catz – #233 Anything Goes

Left of Center Creative Challenges – #32 Girly

Sister Act Card Challenge – #59 Anything Goes

Crafty Girls – #19 Anything Goes

Craft-Room Challenge – Things with Wings

Nikki



 photo Nikki4.png

No comments: