Monday, October 19, 2009

Family Birthdays Part 2.

Next Saturday is my dad’s birthday and I wanted to make a little something for him. I always struggle making things for males as it’s not something I do all that often. I found a wonderful project from UStamp Fall 09 which I thought would be perfect for him.

The Windsor Knot DSP pack is ideal for male items and I was really happy with how this turned out. The image is from the Pun Fun stamp set (thanks Leonie) and the sentiment is a retired Rub-on.

 

Dad's Birthday Gift

and the inside looks like this….

Dad's Birthday gift open

I haven’t known my dad to drink coffee so I’ve put in hot chocolate sachets with some Ferrero Rocher Chocolates. I actually gave this to him last Thursday went we went to visit (my dad lives 2 hours drive away) and found out he does drink coffee but only 1 a day. At least I know for next time. 

I wanted to make his birthday card to coordinate so have again used the same patterns from the Windsor Knot DSP pack but chose to use the Party Hearty stamp set. I’ve created faux brads by punching out 3 chocolate chip 1/4” punches (retired) and then adding some Crystal Effects over the top. Now I really should have used the new 5/16” chocolate chip brads available in the Spring Mini Catalogue till 30th November (Neutrals pack) but I’d already adhered the DSP to the front of the card and didn’t want to have the brads showing on the inside of the card.

Dad's Birthday Card

It’s a pretty simple card but I think it went well with the gift and he liked it which is the main thing. I also bought a t-shirt to go with this handmade gift.

 

Dad's Birthday Gift & Card

I mentioned my dad’s birthday is next Saturday 24th, well it’s his wife’s, my wonderful step-mothers birthday on the 27th. Tomorrow I’ll show you the gift I gave her last week. Some of it you have seen but I’ve expanded with a few more coordinating items.

See you tomorrow.

Happy Stamping

Nikki



 photo Nikki4.png

No comments: