Saturday, June 20, 2009

Step it Up!

Over on Marelle Taylor’s Blog she has issued a challenge for June to make a card and then ‘Step it Up!’

I needed to make a birthday card this morning for a good friend of mine and decided to not only make her a card but participate in Marelle’s challenge. My friend is receiving the ‘stepped up’ card.

I chose to use the Haiku DSP as it’s a favourite of my friend and I teamed it with the Eastern Influence stamp set. I also used a SCS sketch, SC233, which I also used for my June 2-step stamping class. I’ll share those items at a later date.

This is my original card:

Eastern Influence 2

 

and here is the ‘Stepped Up’ version.

Eastern Influence 3

I’ve only made a few additions of some brads and also popped up the flower.

I might yet try to step this one up even more but for now this will do.

Supplies:
Stamp sets: Eastern Influence, On Your Birthday
Card: So Saffron, Old Olive, Watercolour Paper, Haiku DSP
Ink: Stazon Black, Old Olive, So Saffron, More Mustard, Tangerine Tango, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Aqua Painiter, Earth Elements Brads, Stampin’ Dimensionals.


Happy stamping,


 photo Nikki4.png

1 comment:

Marelle Taylor said...

Both are gorgeous Nikki, but I love your stepped up version! Thanks for joining in my challenge!