Monday, June 1, 2009

Catty Casing Part 2

Today I have another 2 catty CASES and 2 of my adaptations to share with you.

This first card is using the Eastern Influence stamp set and is on page 77 in the IB&C.

Eastern Influence 1

The colours used are So Saffron, Certainly Celery, Garden Green and Very Vanilla.  This is such a pretty set and I can’t wait to play more with it.

For my adaptation I needed to increase the size of my card as I choose ‘A Rose is a Rose’ stamp set and the rose is much bigger than the one in Eastern Influence. The colour combination I went with is Pink Pirouette, Riding Hood Red, Old Olive and Basic Gray.

A Rose Is A Rose 1

I left the button off this one as it just didn’t go. Well that’s my opinion anyway.

My next catty CASE is the lovely soft card on page 114 using ‘Three Little Words’. I like the colour combination in this one and it is a reasonably simple and quick card to recreate.

Three Little Words 1

The colours used are Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip, Pink Pirouette, Old Olive and Very Vanilla. 

Using the same layout I choose the Bloomin’ With Beauty stamp set. New sets are wonderful but we can’t neglect our carry over sets either.

Bloomin' With Beauty 1

As I was making this card I wasn’t too sure about it. I much prefer to stamp this set on Watercolour paper and use my aqua painter to colour but I wanted a Vanilla not a White. I’ve stamped onto Very Vanilla using Basic Brown ink and then coloured using my Blender Pen and Perfect Plum, Pale Plum and Kiwi Kiss inkpads. I almost stopped after mounting it onto the Chocolate Chip layer but thought once I had the base card done I’d make the decision before layering it on. I’m glad I kept going as I’m reasonably happy with the results. Might still recreate though with Watercolour paper and see how much different it looks.

Happy stamping,


 photo Nikki4.png

No comments: