Sunday, May 31, 2009

Catty Casing….

Friday night was stamp night and I was determined to make at least a few cards on the night. All too often I get chatting and eating and don’t end up making anything and considering we usually stamp for 5 – 6 hours that’s really not good.

I decided that I would CASE a card from the current IB&C and then recreate something using the same layout but different stamps, colours, etc.

The first card I decided to case is using a Level 1 Hostess set called Organic Grace. This card is on page 17 of the IB&C.

Organic Grace 1

The colours used are Perfect Plum, Pale Plum, Mellow Moss and Whisper White.

Sticking with the layout I decided to go with something more bold and came up with this.

Petal Pizzazz 1

The colours on this card are Riding Hood Red, Tangerine Tango, Summer Sun, Pacific Point and Whisper White. I’ve used the Petal Pizzazz and On Your Birthday stamp sets.

The next card I decided to CASE from the IB&C is this one which is on page 54 and is using the Cheers to You stamp set.

Cheers to You 1

The colours used her are Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, So Saffron, Chocolate Chip with the images stamped onto Watercolour Paper using Stazon Jet Black.

Again I stuck with the layout and created this card.

Pocket Silhouettes 1

This card is using the Pocket Silhouettes stamp set along with Bashful Blue, Basic Gray, Kiwi Kiss, Not Quite Navy and Whisper White.

I managed to CASE one other card from the IB&C but I’m still working on my alternative for you so hopefully I’ll have that and more to share with you over the next few days.


Happy stamping,


 photo Nikki4.png

1 comment:

Lynda said...

U've cased brilliantly Nicki!! I love the Pocket Silhouettes card. I have having massive fun playing with it at present and am currently doing some KISS cards (Keep It Simple Silly!!). Loving it to bits. Well done and I look fwd to more.