Thursday, September 4, 2008

True Friend set

I made a card wallet back in January when Sale-a-bration was on which I had altered to fit Australian standard sized cards from a tutorial by Michele Force. Well I was going to link back to my original adapted creation but have just discovered that I didn't post it. Whoops.....

Well anyway, I was playing around with my True Friend stamp set recently and wanted to create another 3 cards to go with this card, using the coordinating wheel and DSP all available from the Spring Mini Catalogue and also give each a different card colour which coordinates with the DSP. Once I had the cards made I decided I would make a matching card wallet to fit them in. I adapted the pattern, yet again, to have a ribbon handle and a velcro closure rather than a belly band.

Would you like to see them????

 

Okay, here they are.

True Friend Card Bag & Cards 1

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

This was hard to photograph and include as much of the cards as possible so I'll include each item separately for a closer look and list the supplies for each.

This was the first card I made obviously as I mentioned I had posted it before.

True Friend - thank you

Supplies:
Stamp sets: True Friend, Occassional Greetings
Card: Close to Cocoa, River Rock, Wild Wasabi, Very Vanilla, Apple Cider DSP
Ink: Close to Cocoa, River Rock, Really Rust, Wild Wasabi Marker (made using blender pen and reinker)
Accessories: Antique Brass Hodgepodge, River Rock double-stitched ribbon, 3/16" corner rounder punch, small oval punch, Paper Piercing template & tool (tool kit), sponge dauber.

 

True Friend - Thank U

 

 

Next was this card.

Supplies:
Stamp sets: True Friend, Boho Friend wheel
Card: Wild Wasabi, Close to Cocoa, Really Rust, River Rock, Apple Cider DSP
Ink: Wild Wasabi, Close to Cocoa, Really Rust, River Rock
Accessories: Wild Wasabi double-stitched ribbon, 1 1/4" circle punch, 1/16" circle punch, silver brad, Stampin' Dimensionals.

True Friend - A True Friend is You Friend 1

 

This is card no. 3.

Supplies:
Stamp sets: True Friend
Card: Really Rust, Close to Cocoa, Very Vanilla, Apple Cider DSP
Ink: River Rock, Really Rust, Close to Cocoa
Accessories: River Rock double-stitched ribbon, silver brad, 1 1/4" circle punch, 1/16" circle punch, Stampin' Dimensionals.

 

True Friend -  a little something

 

 

This was the final card for the set.

Supplies:
Stamp sets: True Friend, So Many Sayings
Card: River Rock, Wild Wasabi, Very Vanilla, Apple Cider DSP
Ink: Close to Cocoa, Really Rust and Wild Wasabi Markers
Accessories: Wild Wasabi double-stitched ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals.

 

 

 

True Friend Apple Cider Card Bag

And of course this is the card wallet.

Supplies:
Stamp set: True Friend
Card: River Rock textured, Wild Wasabi, River Rock, Close to Cocoa, Apple Cider DSP
Ink: Wild Wasabi, River Rock, Close to Cocoa
Accessories: Wild Wasabi double-stitched ribbon, Crop-a-dile, 1/16" circle punch, Pretties Kit (rhinestone brad), sticky strip, velcro dot.

 

The main difference between this card wallet and my Cute Little Card Bag is the number of cards it will hold. This card wallet will only hold these 4 cards and envelopes comfortably. The Cute Little Card Bag will hold quite a lot more.



 photo Nikki4.png

1 comment:

Deanne Stewart-Mills said...

These are terrific Nikki! My set arrived today and I am looking forward to having a play!
Deanne
xx