Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Some more Priceless.....

I would have to say one of the hardest things I find about blogging my cards is names for the posts. Second would be what to write about them. I sure hope I don't bore you all with my writing as it's not one of my strong areas. I've never been a real letter writer and much prefer to speak to people either face to face or over the phone. Hopefully as time goes on I'll improve and keep you all more interested and eager for my next posting like some blogs I visit do.

Enough rambling, lets get to the cards which is why you are here.

The cards today are both using the lovely Priceless stamp set, hence the name of the title for today's post.

Priceless 3 To make this card I started with an A5 piece of Sahara Sand which was folded in half and pressed with my  bone folder. Next I've added a piece of Rose Red Prints Designer Series paper 144mm x 101mm.

On a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock 62mm x 102mm I have stamped the large swirl image from the Priceless set using Old Olive Classic Inkpad. This is then mounted onto a piece of Old Olive card 65mm x 102mm and adhered to main card. Next step was to stamp the flower using Rose Red Classic inkpad and the butterfly using Blue Bayou Classic Inkpad from the Priceless stamp set onto some scrap Very Vanilla cardstock and cut out. These are then layered onto card as shown using Stampin' Dimensionals.

I then stamped the words 'So Kind' onto a scrap of Very Vanilla cardstock and punched out using the Large Oval Punch. Using a sponge dauber and Old Olive inkpad I've sponged lightly around the edges of the Oval punch. Next I punched out a Label Punch from Blue Bayou Cardstock. Adhere the oval punched word using adhesive onto the label punch and then mount to main card using Stampin' Dimensionals.

Supplies:

Stamp sets: Priceless
Card: Sahara Sand, Old Olive, Blue Bayou, Very Vanilla, Rose Red Prints DSP
Inks: Old Olive, Blue Bayou, Rose Red.
Accessories: Label Punch, Large Oval Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, Sponge dauber.

Priceless 4

To make this card I started with an A5 piece of Real Red cardstock which is folded in half and pressed with my bone folder. I have then layered a 144mm x 101mm piece of So Saffron cardstock which has been randomly stamped using the large swirl image from Priceless and So Saffron Classic ink.

I then stamped the large swirl image twice using Wild Wasabi inkpad onto a piece of Confetti White cardstock 144mm x 50mm. Using the So Saffron inkpad and small flower image from Priceless, I have stamped this onto the Confetti White cardstock as shown. Next I stamped the large flower image using Real Red inkpad onto a scrap of Confetti White card and cut out. A So Saffron brad has been added to the centre.

I have then scalloped one long edge of a 144mm x 60mm piece of Blue Bayou cardstock using the small corner rounder punch. The Confetti White piece is then layered onto this Blue Bayou piece and mounted to card as shown. I've attached the flower using Stampin' Dimensionals. Lastly I've stamped the Priceless word onto the So Saffron cardstock using Real Red inkpad.

Can you see what I didn't do in this card that I have done in my other recent posts????

Supplies:

Stamp sets: Priceless
Card: Real Red, So Saffron, Blue Bayou, Confetti White.
Inks: Real Red, Wild Wasabi, So Saffron
Accessories: 3/16" corner rounder punch, Rich Regal Brads, Stampin' Dimensionals.



 photo Nikki4.png

3 comments:

Carol Dunstan said...

these cards are lovely Nikki. And I am the same with post titles and the text!

Jennifer Wiemann said...

I just found your blog through your post on Beate's Yahoo Group! Love your cards! You use such pretty color combos!

Jennifer
www.mommy2my3boys.blogspot.com

Judy Rozema said...

Both are so pretty!