Friday, June 13, 2008

Groovy Roses

While browsing SplitCoastStampers the other day I came across this wonderful card made by fellow Australia Stampin' Up Demonstrator Teneale Williams and I loved the colour combination she had used, among other things.

Now my card I'm going to share with you doesn't compare to Teneale wonderful card but I was still happy with it. Groovy Guava has probably been my least favourite of the new In Colours up until now. The first time I used it, back in this post, I wasn't overly happy with it. I like it more with subtle colours I think. Time will tell once I use it a little more.

As you may well know I do have the Brocade Basics set that Teneale used in her card but I didn't want to end up with a full on CASE so I decided to use the same colours and use Wild Roses instead. I don't know about other demo's but I tend to find that I neglect my carryover sets and use new ones more often especially in the first few months. I'm going to try not to do that so much this Idea Book & Catalogue year.

So here's my card: Groovy Roses

I've started out with an A5 piece of Groovy Guava, folded to form card. Next I've layered a 144mm x 101mm piece of Blush Blossom.

The main piece is 140mm x 97mm Very Vanilla. I have stamped the medium rose in Blush Blossom ink randomly and then stamped the overlay in Groovy Guava, using the Stamp-a-ma-jig for placement. Next I stamped the leaf images (leaf & leaf overlay) in Mellow Moss using the Stamp-a-ma-jig. I then did the same using the small single rose bud to fill in some of the gaps. Finally I stamped the sentiment from Sincere Salutations using Groovy Guavy ink.

So there you go. A lot simpler that Teneale's gorgeous card which I'm sure I'll end up CASING, but I'm happy with the end results. This will definitely be a colour combination I'll play with a little more and my opinion of Groovy Guava has definitely changed.

Supplies:

Stamp sets: Wild Roses, Sincere Salutations
Card: Groovy Guava, Blush Blossom, Mellow Moss
Ink: Groovy Guava, Blush Blossom, Mellow Moss
Accessories: Stamp-a-ma-jig.



 photo Nikki4.png

3 comments:

Karen said...

Hi Niki - this is just lovely!! I really must use my roses set more often than I do!!

Karen
xo

Anonymous said...

Very lovely Nikki - love the colours and that set ;)

Susan said...

The cards are beautiful. Your talent is fantastic.