Sunday, June 8, 2008

Finally some cards to share

I finally managed to create again last night. I've had some busy days again, along with finishing up a Collaborative Book swap I was hosting on a yahoo group I'm in, and I've also had no real motivation to stamp lately. No inspiration and just been in a bit of a slump. I'm sure we all have this from time to time.

Well yesterday I was determined to break this bad slump I was in and stamped in some Friendship Books (from the yahoo group I'm in) that I had received through the week and I also needed to make a Friendship Book to send out. My good friend and neighbour had also asked if I wanted to stamp at her house last night so I wanted to have my inspiration flowing so I didn't go over and just chat like we do some weeks at my fortnightly get togethers. We managed to still chat but I also made 4 cards just playing around with some colour combinations.

I'm not going to show you all my cards at once, I'll share a couple with you now and then some more tomorrow.

Brocade Basics 6 This is the Friendship Book I've made to start doing it's rounds and heading to a lucky recipient (I think they're lucky so I hope they do too). Friendship Books are basically a card with 4 - 6 insert pages inside which are then sent to other players on the list to create a page. When all pages have been completed the book is then forwarded onto the intended recipient to enjoy.

Supplies:

Stamp sets: Brocade Basics, Warm Words, Fine Lace
Card: Always Artichoke, River Rock, Very Vanilla
Inks: Old Olive, Groovy Guava, Always Artichoke, River Rock.
Accessories: Groovy Guava Double-Stitched Ribbon, Label Punch, Large Oval Punch, Pretties Kit (1/2 pearls), sponge daubers, Stampin' Dimensionals.

Now after creating this card which I really liked I decided to make another using different colours and just a few minor differences.

Brocade Basics 5 The minor differences are that I didn't use the Pretties Kit on this one but instead I stamped the flower on another piece of card, cut out and layer on top using Stampin' Dimensionals. I quite like the colour combination of this one too.

Supplies:

Stamp sets: Brocade Basics, Fine Lace, Warm Words
Card: Blue Bayou, River Rock, Very Vanilla
Inks: Mellow Moss, Purely Pomegranate, Blue Bayou, River Rock
Accessories: Label Punch, Large Oval Punch, Purely Pomegranate Double-Stitched Ribbon, sponge daubers, Stampin' Dimensionals.

My friend was saying last night how much I have used this set. To be honest it wasn't a set I had initially intended to purchase. Shelli Gardner (CEO of Stampin' Up) showed the demonstrators who attended Convention back in April some cards she herself had made using this set. I loved what she had done and changed my mind on purchasing this set so came home and ordered it along with some other things I then had to have. I still have not recreated the card using this set and the technique Shelli showed us but have used it to make a few cards of my own. I just love it.

I hope you enjoy what I've created with it also.



 photo Nikki4.png

1 comment:

Leonie Schroder said...

Gorgeous cards yet again Nikki ... I am thinkin you love that set lol ... hmm I have to make some cards for a SAS might have to play with this one ;)