Saturday, May 17, 2008

Tri-Fold Birthday

Unfortunately it was another busy week for me this past week, hence the lack of posts. However, last night was stamp night with a few friends and I managed to create a few things amongst all the chatter, nibbles & cuppa's.

You may have noticed that most of my cards are standard cards, meaning they are a standard size and a standard opening. Well last night I decided to do something a little different, for me anyway, and I made a Tri-Fold Pocket card and another construction type card (this will be posted tomorrow so I'm not going to tell you what sort of card it is, you'll have to come back to find out). I'll be playing with more construction cards today which I'll share with you this week too as it's a little quieter.

The instructions for the Tri-Fold Pocket card can be found here on SplitCoastStampers, along with many other techniques and construction cards. If you haven't checked out SplitCoastStampers before, then do yourself a favour, grab a cuppa and get ready to spend the next few hours (or whatever you can spare) being amazed at all the wonderful creations, techniques, tutorials and information that is shared. I guarantee if you visit once, you'll visit often.

Here is my Tri-Fold Pocket Card:

Tri-Fold card_a copy

and here's a look at the card & insert:

Tri-Fold card_b copy

This was a fun card to make and quite easy when you have a tutorial to follow. It's also a great way to use those lovely Double-sided Designer Series Papers Stampin' Up sell.

Supplies:
Stamp sets: Sincere Salutations
Card: Certainly Celery, Old Olive, Pretty In Pink, Rose Red, So Saffron, Whisper White, Petals & Paisley DSP
Ink: Taken with Teal
Accessories: Certainly Celery 5/8" grosgrain ribbon, 3/16" corner rounder punch, Scallop Circle punch, 1 3/8" & 1 1/4" Circle Punches, Crop-A-Dile, Pewter Jumbo Eyelets, Sticky Strip, Paper Piercing template & tool.



 photo Nikki4.png

1 comment:

Judy Rozema said...

Beautiful job with such great use of the DP!