Sunday, May 18, 2008

Priceless Waterfall

 

Well you may have guessed by the title that today's card is a Waterfall Card. This is my first time at making one of these and they really aren't that hard or time consuming either. I tend not to make what I think are fiddly construction type cards as I always think they will take forever, so I was quite surprised.

The colours in this card are from the Mix it up with Color combination chart that SU provide to it's demonstrators to show us different colour combinations using the new In Colors and our permanent colours families. This combination is using the new In Colour - Soft Sky and it's combined with Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie & Orchid Opulence.

I'm in two minds with this card. I'm excited as I made my first Waterfall card and am happy with the results of that, I think the Priceless stamp set is a good one to use but I'm still not 100% sure on the colour combination or the way I've combined it. I'll be creating a few more of these I think and playing with some other colours which I'll share later on.

Here is my card:

Priceless Waterfall_a copy

 

and here it is when I pull the tab to create the waterfall effect:

Priceless Waterfall_b copy

 

So what's your take on the colours?? I love all feedback and suggestions so please let me know what you think.

Supplies:
Stamp sets: Priceless, So Swirly Jumbo Wheel
Card: Old Olive, Soft Sky, Pumpkin Pie, Orchid Opulence, Whisper White
Inks: Soft Sky, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Orchid Opulence
Accessories: Crop-A-Dile, White Eyelets, Pumpkin Pie grosgrain ribbon.



 photo Nikki4.png

1 comment:

Sam Coppack said...

You've done a great job! I'm not sure about the colours either, I think it's the orchid opulence that puts me off a bit. Learning how to make a waterfall card is on my list too!